Wrinkles and fine lines aren’t just tell-tale signs of ageing; brow frowns and wrinkles around the eyes, like crow’s feet, can also make you look tired or ‘hard’.
Botulinum toxin is actually an FDA-approved medicine (Botox®, Dysport®, Jeuveau®, Xeomin®) are injected into specific areas to create a temporary loss of muscle tone, resulting in a reduction of the lines of the upper face and forehead, and the deep furrows between the eyebrows to produce a pleasing effect. After treatment, the overlying skin remains smooth and unwrinkled while the untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion, allowing normal facial expression to be unaffected.
What areas can be improved?
- Forehead lines also known as glabellar lines or forehead furrows
- Frown lines
- Brow lift
- Crows feet also known as laughter lines
- Bunny lines or or nasalis lines
- Smokers lines
- Marionette lines also known as nose to mouth lines or oral commissure lines
- Gummy smile
- Lip Flip (giving the upper lip height)
- Facial slimming (large masseters from teeth grinding, known as "bruxism")
- Dents/wrinkles in the chin
- Wrinkly neck or Nefertiti neck and Platysmal bands
- Excessive sweating in the armpits, palms and soles of the feet.
- Diminishes the deep creases between your eyebrows, or crow’s feet and forehead lines
- Diminish puckered or pointy chin (known as a ‘witchy chin’) by relaxing the muscle that causes the puckering. It creates a smooth, dimple-free lower face.
- Tightens and redefines the neck and jawline for an elegant and more youthful look through a ‘Nefertiti Neck Lift’. This is a simple, and usually highly effective, procedure without any downtime.
- Minimizes large masters from teeth grinding by relaxing the jaw muscles and reducing tension on the jaw joint. Ultimately slimming the face.
- Minimizes gummy smiles and downturned corners of your mouth.
- Excessive sweating (known as ‘Hyperhidrosis’). Injecting into sweat glands in the armpits, hands or feet has had safe, dramatic and life-changing results for many of our patients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Neuromodulators (Botox®, Dysport®, Xeomin®) are injected into specific areas to create a temporary loss of muscle tone, resulting in a reduction of the lines of the upper face and forehead, and the deep furrows between the eyebrows to produce a pleasing effect. After treatment, the overlying skin remains smooth and unwrinkled while the untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion, allowing normal facial expression to be unaffected.
Neuromodulators are an excellent treatment for the deep furrows between the eyebrows, forehead lines, crow’s feet and wrinkles.
During your consultation, we will review your concerns, medical history and a treatment plan will be created for you.
You may need to repeat treatment approximately every 3-4 months over a 12-month period to maintain your fresh and natural appearance. Clinical trials report that some patients who’ve had treatment over 12 months only need further treatments once or twice the following year. Your medical practitioner will give you all the advice you need.
The effect of the neuromodulators is seen within 2-5 days after the injections, but may take up to 3 weeks to see the full effect. The side effects, which most commonly involve bruising at the injection site, are minimal and temporary. Botox®, Dysport®, Jeuveau®, Xeomin® injections allow for brow freezing or crow’s feet freezing treatments to work. We believe in helping you look great for your age in a completely natural and subtle way. We usually obtain good results after just a single injection.
Neuromodulator injections take about 20 minutes to perform and last an average of 3-4 months. If there’s a little bruising, you can easily camouflage it with makeup. There is no downtime and you can resume normal activities right away. After 3 or 4 injections, neuromodulators have been noted to have a long-lasting effect in the elimination of the deep furrows between the eyebrows, forehead wrinkles and crow’s feet.
No sedation or local anesthetic is required, and you can resume normal activities immediately. You can even drive yourself home or back to the office.
Your cost will vary based on your individual aesthetic goals and the treatment plan your aesthetic provider designs for you.
Prices range per anatomical region at $275, promotional pricing for every additional area, and a complementary touch up.
Neuromodulators are medications, and like any other medication, it has a recommended dosage that is to be determined by a medical professional. The dosage is measured in units, which ensures that patients will get exactly what they pay for (you are only paying for the amount you need). The best results come from combining the appropriate dosage with precise targeting.
Well there is never a need but a want right?
Sample areas (1 area) include:
Glabellar unit: between the brows
Frontalis : horizontal wrinkles on the forehead
Crows feet around the eyes, brows, under eyes and upper nose
Mouth (frown, gummy smile, chin dimples)
Sample areas (2 areas) include:
Masseters (jaw slimming)- 2 areas
Skin rejuvenation (rosacea and oil control) - 2 areas
Full neck and jaw (skin tightening & reduced lines) - 2 areas
Armpits (reduce sweating) - 2 areas
Full upper face: Frontalis, glabellar, crows, under eyes, upper nose